Timber decking reflects the beauty of nature. This is because it is made from fine-grade wood. In terms of its look, the warm and timeless aesthetics of the timber make it an excellent choice for home and business owners in Coventry, UK and nearby areas. In choosing timber, there are two options for decking boards – the softwood and the hardwood. Here at Coventry Decking Co, we install both softwood and hardwood decking materials. If you either choose softwood or hardwood, our expert deckers are always ready to help you build the most beautiful outdoor deck.
Before you make that big decision, find out more about these two excellent decking materials:
Softwood as Decking Board
When you’re on a tight budget and when you want a hassle-free option, softwood makes an excellent choice. You must remember, however, that it does not necessarily follow that you need to settle for inferior material quality. Luckily, our professional deck builders will make sure that all your needs and preferences are accounted for in installing your softwood deck boards. To ensure durability and longevity, our company has the right set of tools and equipment to treat and install softwood.
The following are more things that you need to know about softwood:
- It is made from fast-growing trees, making it easily produced and sustainable.
- It is friendlier to your budget than hardwood and composite decking boards.
- It is a lightweight material, making it very easy to handle and install.
- It can resist water if treated properly.
- It can be made compatible with slip-resistant inserts or Q-Grip Strips to ensure safety.
- It is not as durable as hardwood.
- It comes in different styles, colours, and textures, making it a versatile option.
- It may need regular maintenance and treatment to preserve its look.
Hardwood as Decking Board
Hardwood is popular for its superior durability and resistance features. This is so because it is made from slow-growing trees that make its core and exterior harder.
When it comes to its look, hardwood gives that natural, warm and classic feel to your outdoor decks. What’s more is that as it ages, it gets more beautiful like fine wine. Thus, it is safe to say that hardwood is never a bad option. However, unlike other deck materials, it is more difficult to handle and install because it weighs heavy.
With us, you need not worry, because our professional deckers at Coventry Decking Co are highly experienced with hardwood decking installation.
To help you choose, here are more things to know about hardwood:
- It is guaranteed to have superior durability for it can stand harsh outdoor temperature changes, heavy traffic and spills.
- It contrasts well with nature, because of its warm and rustic look.
- It comes in different colours and styles such as Garapa, Balau, and Ipe wood, making it easily adaptable to any deck designs.
- It may require regular maintenance to keep in tip-top shape.
- It is highly resistant to scratches, and it seldom warps, splits, or rots.
Our professional team at Coventry Decking Co is always ready to give a hand whenever you finally make that big decision. We are looking forward to sharing ideas and creating outdoor decks with you. Give our professional deckers a ring today, and let us start building your dream deck.