Composite decking, also known as wood-alternative decking board, mimics the look of timber without actually using wood. Thus, it is a great material for those who are looking for a sustainable and eco-friendly option. Moreover, this material is mostly made from a mix of recycled plastics and wood fibres, making it durable and resistant to outdoor conditions. This material is a great option for people who barely have time, because composite decking doesn’t need much cleaning.
In choosing the right decking material, here are more facts about composite decking board to take note of:
- It creates a safer space for kids and pets to play and run on.
- It comes in different colours and styles, making it a versatile option.
- It can stand up against hardwood in terms of durability and longevity.
- It is easy to install and maintain, because it is lightweight.
- It can withstand harsh temperature changes, moisture, spills and algae.
- It rarely cracks and fades easily, because of its hard exterior.
- It is available in two different kinds:
- Capped Composite Decking – it is a product of recycled materials and organic wood fillers.
- Capped Polymer Decking – it is a product of recycled materials, but without organic fillers.
There are a lot of style choices for composite decks, but you don’t have to worry about choosing the best one, because our team at Coventry Decking Co is more than willing to help you with your decking needs.